Quest Objectives Tab
Jump to navigation Jump to search
A quest objective includes text to be displayed, as well as a list of targets to appear on the compass. Each objective is numbered. The numbers are used as identifiers for the script commands. There is no special meaning to the order.
An objective can have one or more targets. When an objective is being displayed, all of its targets that pass their conditions will be displayed on the player's compass and map.
Quest Objectives Tab Data Fields[edit | edit source]
- Objectives: Each objective has an Objective index, and display text. By right clicking in the window, you can add or delete an objective.
- Quest Objective Data:
- Index: Index of the objective, used for script functions dealing with turning them on/off and completing.
- Display Text: What is displayed in the Pip-Boy when the objective is active.
- Quest Targets: Each target has a target ref and can have a set of conditions. By right clicking in the window, you now have the ability to copy/paste a quest target, as well as delete one or add a new one.
- Quest Target Data:
- Target Ref: A target must point to a persistent reference.
- Conditions: Note that the conditions are applied to the quest target. Note also that "Run on Target" is invalid for conditions on quest targets.
- Compass Markers Ignore Locks: If checked, the path to the quest target will ignore locked doors (when showing the player the closest load door to reach the target). Otherwise, the path will attempt to avoid locked doors if possible.