Select Triangle by Index
Overview[edit | edit source]
Select Triangle by Index opens the Select Triangle Window, which is used for finding warning triangles (triangles that generate warnings in the NavMesh due to overlap or other errors).
Ctrl-F will bring up the Select Triangle window. (Note that NavMesh editing needs to be enabled for this shortcut to work.)
Select Triangle Window[edit | edit source]
- NavMesh Form ID: Editor ID of the NavMesh. This will be automatically provided if you have selected a triangle from a NavMesh in the render window.
- Triangle Index: The triangle to select. This will be automatically provided if you have selected a triangle from a NavMesh in the render window.
- Go To: This button will select and center the render camera on the specified triangle.
Checking for Warnings:
- Check NavMesh: Scans for all warning triangles. A dialog window will display with the option of deleting all triangles with warnings.
- Delete Warning Triangle: Deletes the selected warning triangle.
- Next Warning: Cycles between warning triangles.
Any modifications made to the navmesh will invalidate the results of the check. This is simply resolved by running the check over again. This is a useful for workflow when checking a navmesh that may have several errors - Check, do not delete bad triangles, next warning, manually fix triangle, repeat.